Magical Doorways

Hello!

I'm Kelly and I'm the third member of Dream Create Journal. I'm so happy it exists as creativity and documented journal work is a huge part of my life. 

I have loved seeing what everyone has created in the group so far. One of my favourite creations has been the 'Book of Me' by a lovely lady named Bianca. For my own personal reasons, the healing side of this type of journal work really spoke to me. I want to create a similar book (yep, copying haha), although for it to truly work I would have to explore some really private areas of my life. So depending how it goes, it would be selective work that I share. 

The July theme is Dreams and Wishes. When discussing this with Geraldine and Jeni, we kept returning to the magic you believe in as a Child. A theme or subject that has repeatedly popped up during my life is doorways. This can stretch from seeing a interesting door on someones house to bizarre doors like the one below. This was at my Cousin's wedding this weekend, it was halfway up the wall and instantly sparked my imagination.

  IMG_4836.PNG

As well as this, magical doorways have been an ongoing theme throughout my life. When I was young, my Granddad read to me The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. My favourite part was and still is the very beginning when Lucy discovers Narnia. As a Child I could picture and feel every element described. I had a very active imagination, in fact I still do but back then I would believe things. 

I had a white antique chest of drawers in my bedroom. I used to stare at the handles and convinced myself that there was a tiny doorway in the middle of one of them. I could see it open with tiny people inside, light would pour out and I could see a hallway. 

With this doorway theme in mind, I decided to paint a watercolour image. I love nature and magic so I chose to paint a tree with a door.  It's opening inwards and inside there's a hint of stars and magic. I've used rich colours because that's how I see it in my head, it's bold, vibrant and makes you want to explore. 

Below shows my process images, enjoy!

  FullSizeRender (27)FullSizeRender (28)FullSizeRender (29)FullSizeRender (30)      

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love this Kelly, such a pretty painting, very imaginative - Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts