Charms, Affirmations, and Positive Quotes.


I actually wrote this post earlier in the year, but because it is so relevant to this months theme, I'm re-posting here. 

There was a point in my life when, as this quote by Anais Nin says;

 "The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." 

 I thought if I remained in a tight bud, not taking risks, I could protect myself and my family from hurt and harm. I was wrong. So began my journey. I began to listen to my heart and took the leap to follow. I left and walked away from things that were no good for me and started to cultivate more positive friendships. I learned about the power of our words, and started practicing affirmations. I became aware of the power of thought and just how important imagination is. A faculty that we were told to stop indulging in by a certain age. So what do the charms have to do with all this and making things happen? 

 Charms and affirmation cards are a very visual and practical way to begin practicing the daily habit of positive speaking, and cultivate creative thinking. Something magical happens when we begin to believe anything is possible.


How To Make Your Own Affirmation Cards


  •  You can decorate a small card in colours and/or images that inspire or hold meaning for you. 
  • Next add your chosen word for the year, an affirmation, or positive quote. Of course you can make several of these cards and get a little deck going. Put it in a place, such as your wallet, where you can pull it out at anytime. 
  • Choose a charm and place it somewhere you will see it often and work as a prompt for you to remember what you wrote on your card. The reason for this is, through my personal experience, it is so very easy for the day to drown out any good intentions. As an example, I decorated my card with some art work and, using a typewriter, I typed on one of my favorite affirmations. 
Here are a few I made along with charms made from air dry clay which were included in the Lollipop Box Club kit earlier this year. I'm planning on making charms and cards to include in my Etsy shop.




My hope is that from this post you will be inspired to cultivate you true unique self and make happen what you deep down know you should be doing with your life. Little helpful tools, like this, can make all the difference! 

Comments

Popular Posts